The nomination and election of members to serve on the Board of Directors of Navy Army Community Credit Union (NavyArmy) is governed by the Credit Union’s Bylaws and the policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors.
Director Duties & Responsibilities
Directors are elected by the general membership of NavyArmy and serve three-year staggered terms. Directors are legally and morally responsible for all activities of NavyArmy. Directors are responsible for determining NavyArmy policy, approving the annual budget and long-term spending goals, setting interest and dividend rates and determining investment policy.
All members over the age of 18 are qualified to serve on the Board of Directors, subject to the following qualification exceptions:
A member may not serve as director of a credit union if that member:
- Has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or breach of trust;
- Is not eligible for coverage by the blanket bond required under the provisions of the Act, or §91.510 of this title (relating to Bond and Insurance Requirements);
- Has had a final judgment entered against him/her in a civil action upon the grounds of fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation;
- Has a payment on a voluntary obligation to the credit union that is more than 90 days delinquent or has otherwise caused the credit union to suffer a financial loss;
- Has been removed from office by any regulatory or government agency as an officer, agent, employee, consultant or representative of any financial institution;
- Has been personally made subject to an operating directive for cause while serving as an officer, director, or senior executive management person of a financial institution; or has caused or participated in a prohibited activity or an unsafe or unsound condition at a financial institution which resulted in the suspension or revocation of the financial institution’s certificate of incorporation, or authority or license to do business;
- Has failed to complete and return a director application; or
- Refuses to take and subscribe to the prescribed oath or affirmation of office.
Options to be on the Ballot for Election
Nomination by Nominating Committee
A Nominating Committee is appointed, and it is the duty of the Nominating Committee to nominate at least one member for each of the Board positions for which elections are to be held.
Any interested member of the credit union shall have the right to submit his or her name directly to the Nominating Committee for consideration as a candidate for the Board of Directors. Submit a completed Nomination Application Packet to the attention of the Nominating Committee at 2730 Rodd Field Road, Corpus Christi, Texas 78414. See Board Election Schedule for application and nomination packet deadlines.
Download a Nomination Application Packet by clicking here (we’ll need to link correctly on new site) or pick one up at the J. Wayne Vann Administration Building located at 2730 Rodd Field Road, Corpus Christi, Texas 78414.
If not selected as one of the Nominating Committee’s candidates, the Bylaws allow members to petition for nomination to the Board prior to the Annual Membership Meeting and have their name placed on the ballot at the Annual Meeting.
The petition must be signed by a minimum of 500 members who are in good standing, designated as the “Primary Owner” on the account, at least 18 years old, who has a minimum of one full share ($25) in the share/savings account, has not caused a loss to NavyArmy, and is not past due 90 days or more at the time of the petition process.
See the Board Nomination & Election Schedule for more information on deadlines.
Note: Candidates must pick up and return petition packets in person for verification and signature. NavyArmy policy prohibits solicitation of petition signatures and distribution of literature on anyone seeking nomination by petition on any NavyArmy premises.
Petition Pick-Up & Return Locations:
- J Wayne Vann Administration Building located at 2730 Rodd Field Road, Corpus Christi, TX 78414
- Shary Road Branch located at 408 Shary Road, Mission, TX 78572
All completed petitions returned by the deadlines set forth in the Board Nomination & Election Schedule will be reviewed and validated to ensure full compliance with the election rules and requirements set forth in the RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE OFFICIAL PETITION & TEXAS CREDIT UNION DIRECTOR APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT TO SERVE FORM. After such review and validation, if there is more than one candidate for each position to be filled, the election shall be by voting conducted at the NavyArmy Annual Membership Meeting. The Board Secretary shall cause printed ballots to be distributed to the members who are eligible to vote and attending the Annual Membership Meeting. In such event, the election shall be determined by plurality vote. If there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will be by acclamation and no election will be conducted by ballot.
|Board Nomination & Election Schedule|
|Applications for Nominations Available||August 1, 2020|
|Accepting Applications for Nomination||August 1–31, 2020|
|Nominating Committee Selects Nominees||September 1–15, 2020|
|Notify Applicants of Their Status||September 16–30, 2020|
|Petition Packet Pickup Available||October 1, 2020|
|Petition Packets Due to NavyArmy||November 1, 2020|
|Validation of Petitions by 3rd Party||November 1–December 1, 2020|
|January Newsletter Announcement Posted to web||January 3rd|
|Annual Meeting – Board Election||February 9, 2021|